Pages

About Me

My photo
Temora, NSW, Australia
Hello! I'm a writer who loves writing for children. My first picture book, 'The Big Beet', illustrated by Adam Carruthers, was published by Omnibus Books, Scholastic Australia, in 2013. 'Sally Snickers' Knickers' came out in 2014 and was published by Walker Books and illustrated by Anthea Stead .'No Room for a Wombat' illustrated by Lorell Lehman, hit the shelves in 2017 (publisher Scholastic Australia's Omnibus imprint) and 'Grumpy Bear, Grouchy Bear' (illustrated by Monty Lee) and published by Yellow Brick Books came out September 2018. I've also had work published in the NSW School Magazine, Little Ears magazine, Fandangle ine, Storybox Online and Book for Fiji.

Friday, August 16, 2013

School Visits

Hi all I have a busy couple of weeks coming up with school visits. Friday, August 2nd, I visited Tullibigeal Central School, where my children attended school (one still does :) ) and both my husband and I attended there as well. Not only that but I am a former staff member so my ties to the school are fairly securely knotted :) The morning was a great success and I was made to feel very welcome by both students and staff. I did a reading of The Big Beet and we all admired Adam's wonderful illustrations. I will add a photo soon. I will be visiting Ungarie Central School next Monday, Naradhan Public School next Thursday, and then Lake Cargelligo Pre-School and Lake Cargelligo Central School during the following week. I have been overwhelmed with the support I have been given by my local district. This is the best job in the world :) I'm having trouble navigating the new layout so I haven't yet worked out how to add sites to my favourites list again, but the following two blogs have given The Big Beet a nice review and I'd like to direct any readers to their site. MMM: www.modernmummymayhem.com/2013/08/big-beet-lynn-ward/ My Little Sunshine House: mylittlesunshinehouse.com/the-big-beet-by-lynn-ward/ Both blogs are worth checking out if you have young children. Cheers for now, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment