Pages

About Me

My photo
Temora, NSW, Australia
Hello! I'm a writer who loves writing for children. My first picture book, 'The Big Beet', illustrated by Adam Carruthers, was published by Omnibus Books, Scholastic Australia, in 2013. 'Sally Snickers' Knickers' came out in 2014 and was published by Walker Books and illustrated by Anthea Stead .'No Room for a Wombat' illustrated by Lorell Lehman, hit the shelves in 2017 (publisher Scholastic Australia's Omnibus imprint) and 'Grumpy Bear, Grouchy Bear' (illustrated by Monty Lee) and published by Yellow Brick Books came out September 2018. I've also had work published in the NSW School Magazine, Little Ears magazine, Fandangle ine, Storybox Online and Book for Fiji.

Friday, July 17, 2009

This is a poem that a couple of people wanted to read, which prompted me to finally get my blog off the ground. Many of my poems would benefit from accompanying illustrations as I tend to write with pictures in my head, so I hope you can all picture your own versions of my favourite yak :)

There’s a bump
On the hump
Of my favourite yak
But it’s not on the front, and it’s not on the back.

So the lump
On his hump
Makes him lean to one side
And I slide off my seat when I go for a ride.

A new bump
On his hump
To the right of his head
might make him stand up - or it might leave him dead.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn,



    Congrats on your new blog site, which looks terrific. I enjoyed your poems, and will certainly come back for more.
    Best of luck with it!

    Julie.

    Julie - I copied your email comment to here. I have now opened the comments section so anyone can post. Thanks for your kinds words.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete